Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cashing in on Emotion


You know how sometimes you write a scene that was SO FULL of emotion when you wrote it, but when you read it later (or when CPs / Beta Readers read it), there doesn't seem to be nearly the emotion you thought was there? I'm hanging out at Writing With Shelly and Chad today, talking about one of the ways to increase emotion. Come on over!


Also, I just found out that I'm up today on the fabulous blog, Ink and Angst, on a series called Gatecrashers, where several authors debuting in 2013 talk about crashing the publication gate.



And huge thanks to Patrick Stahl at Into the Ravenous Maw for the Fabulous Blog Ribbon Award!

6 comments:

Jessie Humphries said...

I love it when I am your first commenter of the day! It makes me feel like I am your #1 friend ;). Happy Shelly and Chad day to you.

Jennie Bennett said...

Oh! I'm on my way :)

Pamela K Witte said...

Thanks for passing the word and calling us Ink & Angsters "fabulous"! I had a wonderful time working on the feature. ;)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Peggy, you my friend are a genius. When I get my publishing contract for my fabulous book filled with tips from you then I'm bringing over cookies :D

Carrie Butler said...

You're everywhere, you're everywhere! :D

Jeff Hargett said...

Good advice there on Shelly and Chad's blog. It's also amazing to see how much personality comes through (as on Ink and Angst) with your advice. Maybe it's because having seen the video of you with Brandon Sanderson I feel like I "know" you just a little bit better.

You're an inspiration and downright fine person, Peggy. :)