Monday, September 19, 2011

Awards! Awards!

Confession time: A couple of weeks ago, I worked REALLY HARD and wrote a couple weeks' worth of blog posts. I know! I was so proud of myself! It allowed me to focus on my WIP for a couple weeks, which I sorely needed. BUT since I already had my posts scheduled, when I was awarded some awesome blog awards, I wasn't able to accept them very quickly. And I feel like a heel for waiting this long, especially when they're so darn sweet! I really am crazy flattered.

Thanks to the fabulous people who gave me awards! They are seriously awesome people. If you don't already follow them, you definitely should.

Stacy Henrie at Live, Laugh, Love, Write awarded me the Liebster award
Francesca Zappia at Zap's Lobster Tank awarded me the Versatile Blogger and 
Irresistibly Sweet Blog award
Jeff King at Author's Union awarded his favorite blogs
Lora Palmer at A Writer In Bloom awarded me the Versatile Blogger and 
Irresistibly Sweet Blog award
Julie Tuovi at From Pen To Paper awarded me the Versatile Blogger
Tara at More Than Fiction awarded me the 7 x 7 Link Award
Krista Wayment at I Take the Pen awarded me the 7 x 7 Link Award
Maeve Frazier at Lollipop's Cottage awarded me the Versatile Blogger
The Writing Well awarded me the Versatile Blogger award
Rachel Bean at I Read. I Write. I Control the World. awarded me the Versatile Blogger




The rules were all different, but they all seemed to have you list seven random facts about yourself. So here goes!
  1. Whenever I hear a phrase, I feel the need to figure out where it came from originally. Ones that still stump me: “Who let the cat out of the bag?” I’m wondering why someone put the cat IN the bag in the first place.... and when people refer to a “laundry list” of things. Are laundry lists normally that long? Whites, darks, inbetweens, delicates.... Wouldn’t “grocery list” make more sense?
  2. I feel unbelievably fortunate to have had THE Brandon Sanderson as my creative writing teacher one semester. It was one of those “Make an outlandish wish that couldn’t possibly ever come true, and then it does” kind of things.
  3. I can memorize a string of 50 numbers in 5 minutes.
  4. I hated the movie “Peggy Sue Got Married.” I’ve never seen it, but for years after it came out, I got asked if my middle name is Sue by hundreds of people. My middle name is ANN.
  5. I don’t watch, listen to, or read the news. It messes with my belief that all is right with the world. Unless a news story is on msn.com’s home page on a day I go to their home page, I don’t know about it. So if something major happens, leave a comment about it! No, seriously. I’m not kidding. But... only if it's something major. I like believing all is right with the world. :)
  6. I like to do cartwheels. Especially in the halls at church.
  7. I love to close my eyes and smile up at the sun. It's possible I got my incredibly bad eyesight from smiling up at the sun WITHOUT closing my eyes as a kid. It might be hereditary; I think my son got glasses for the same reason.
The 7 x 7 Link Awards also come with a part where you link to your own blog posts. It's a fabulous idea! I think I might do it in a post by itself. (If you are receiving this award, though, in your post, link to the post of yours that are Most Beautiful, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Pride-Worthy, and Most Underrated.)

And now, the best part! Passing the award on to seven other fabulous bloggers. Feel free to choose your favorite award, one you haven't received before, or even accept them all! You totally deserve it. (And if accepting blog awards on your blog isn't your thing, just smile, stick a little feather in your hat, star on your forehead, let it warm your heart-- whatever-- and know that I will NOT be offended if you choose not to.)

Cristina at Once Upon A Time... Cristina is made of awesome, and it shows in all her posts. Check her out!

Tara at Tara Tyler Talks because she brings the funny and her posts are totally enjoyable.

Carrie So, You're a Writer... at because not only do her posts rock, but her comments KILL ME.

Linda at Wistfully Linda because her posts are fabulous. They are so well thought out and have so much great info.

Talei at Musings of an Aspiring Scribe because not only is she awesome, but her posts make me happy Every. Single. Time.

John at A Universe Behind Your Eyelids because not only does he have great writing posts, but great how-to blogging posts.

Alexis at Alexis Bass Writes because her posts have fabulous voice.

Go check out every one of these blogs! You'll be glad you did. Have a fabulous writing week, everyone!

22 comments:

Heather Cashman said...

Thanks for telling us more about yourself. I love the cartwheels in the church hallways. My church has long hallways and large foyers, so I can see that working well. Look forward to following.

Talei said...

Aw, thank you so much, Peggy! It's an honour to accept an award from you. *throws sprinkles in the air*
I'm so glad you enjoy my blog, that makes me very happy and I will definitely post the award soon. xo

Talli Roland said...

Wow, look at you and all the wonderful awards! Fantastic!

I'm in awe of your memorisation skills.

Jessie Humphries said...

This post must have taken some serious effort, a real laundry list of awards! And you deserve every one because you are RAD.

Jennie Bennett said...

Holy cow! You are popular! Congrats :)

Kelley Lynn said...

Congrasts Peggy!

I think my eyes went bad due to looking up at the sun too... :)

Abby Fowers said...

Holy WOWZA! You go girl! Awards are wonderful! Oh how I miss doing cartwheels in the halls at church. I think I need to do that again just for fun!

Kristine said...

That's awesome! And, thank you for sharing some awesome people's blogs!

Cristina said...

look at all those awards.. and thank you for mine, you are too sweet. you actually just gave me a kick in the behind to do a post, as I have received a couple in the past couple of weeks and just haven't been able to get to it. so thanks :)

M Pax said...

I like to bask with my face toward the sun, too. It feels good.

Up at the observatory I do the same with the Moon. I joke with the visitors about working on our moon tans.

Congrats on your awards.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Wow, that is a lot of awards. I had the movie issue after Forest Gump came out. I love you, Jen-nay. Run, Forest, Run.

Now, to go check out other blogs...

Iain said...

Congratulations! Well deserved awards.

Cortney Pearson said...

Congrats on all the awards! And I'm so with you on the not-watching-the-news-thing. I never watch the news unless it's something on Yahoo or I'm at my mom's house and she's watching it.

Jillian Schmidt said...

Congrats on the awards!

And judging by Christine Tyler's post on bad movies today, it looks like there are plenty of reasons to dislike Peggy Sue Got Married... Sorry you got stuck being connected to it in people's minds!

David P. King said...

That's a lot of award love, Peggy. Well deserved, too!

Loved your answers! :)

Alleged Author said...

Just shows how much people love you! :)

Tonja said...

That is a lot of awards. Very efficient of you to handle them all in one post. I wish I could do cartwheels - if I could I would do them everywhere.

writing and living by Richard P Hughes said...

Congratulations on your awards. You are most deserving. You have a really good blog.

Carrie Butler said...

Look at you! You're so flippin' popular, Peggy. Geez! Congratulations! :)

Don't you just hate it when people force middle names/nicknames on you, Pegasus? *Shakes head* People these days...

Thank you for passing the award(s) on to me, despite my inability to do cartwheels and memorize numbers. (Seriously, I can't do either. lol) I'm honored. :D

I'm off to check out the other blogs now. Thanks again!

P.S. My middle name is Ann, too. :)

linda said...

Wow, that's quite a list of awards! Congrats! Not surprised at all since your blog is amazing.

Loved the list of random info. I'm not big on watching news either, but I always manage to learn about the big things through Twitter/Facebook anyway, haha.

Thanks so much for the award, and for your lovely words! I, too, am incredibly honored. Congrats to wonderful bloggers Carrie and Cristina, and I'll be sure to check out the other blogs you recommended. :)

Joanne said...

Congrats on your Awards, it's always a fun day sharing them with others :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

Heather-- Thanks for following! And you should definitely try cartwheels there. Long halls are the best!

Talei-- You're welcome! I LOVE your blog!

Talli-- Thanks! The number memorizing thing comes in handy... well, never. But i love it all the same.

Jessie-- Bahaha! Laundry list! And you aren't kidding. Thank you! I haven't heard the word RAD used in a crazy long time. We should work to resurrect the word. It's too rad to let die.

J.A.-- Awww! Thanks!

Kelley-- Did you think that if you could somehow not turn your eyes from the sun for longer than everyone else that it would show how strong you were? Man. Sometimes ignorance can get you into some deep trouble.

Abby-- The trick is to do it on a day other than Sunday. Somehow doing it in a skirt through a crowded hallway just isn't as fun.

Kristine-- Thanks! And you're welcome! They are definitely worth following.

Cristina-- You're welcome! You totally deserve it. Glad I helped convince you to do a blog post on it. :)

M-- I don't moon bask, but I don't know why. It sounds just as awesome! I'm going to have to work on my moon tan now. :)

Jenny-- Hahahaha! Darn those movies that people use against us! And definitely check out the blogs. They're awesome.

Iain-- Awww! Thank you!

Cortney-- I love not watching the news! If it only didn't come with that pesky not-knowing-what's-going-on part. Sigh.

Jillian-- That's hilarious we both mentioned the same movie on the same day! I had somewhat unofficially let "Watch Peggy Sue Got Married" fade from my mental to-do list. As of now, I am officially taking it off. (Not that it was likely to ever make it to the top. It's been there for 25 years, after all.)

David-- I was definitely feeling the love. Thanks!

Alleged-- Oh my gosh. That's the sweetest thing ever. Thank you!

Tonja-- I thought so, too. :) And you should definitely move "Learn how to cartwheel" to the top of your to-do list! Then you can do them in the aisles at the grocery store, on the soccer field, at the movie theater... Really, the possibilities are endless.

Richard-- Thank you!

Carrie ANN--
My dear friend Carrie Ann
It's time cartwheeling you began
You deserve this award
Because at your blog I'm never bored
You can call me a nick name
As long as it isn't lame
Your comments inspire a rhyme
Almost every single time.
(Although as evidenced by this one
My rhyming days should be done.)

Linda-- Thanks! And what is facebook / twitter for if not as a news source? :) Your blog is awesome. Of course you earned these awards! And definitely check out the others.

Joanne-- Thanks! It is definitely fun sharing them.