Monday, January 26, 2015

Middle Shelf Magazine Love

Are you a fan of middle grade books? If you're not already receiving the digital Middle Shelf Magazine, go subscribe for free! It is so chock-full of middle grade goodness!

I've been enjoying the magazine for months. I was thrilled when I got word that one of their kid reviewers had chosen The Forbidden Flats as the book he'd review. Reviews from kids are the best! I love them all to pieces. Check it out:


Or, to see the whole issue, you can go right to Middle Shelf Magazine.


6 comments:

David P. King said...

That is radical! I'll have to check this site out. Thanks, Peggy! :)

Angela Brown said...

That's the kind of review that makes you smile so bright it's blinding. Congrats, Peggy.

And I better check this magazine out. I have enjoyed reading more and more MG stories and this sounds like an excellent source for more. Thanks!

Neurotic Workaholic said...

I like the idea of kids reviewing these books, especially because kids are often so much more candid about what they like and don't like. I think it's because they're not as self-conscious about "sounding polite" or "censoring" themselves yet.

prerna pickett said...

That's so awesome! I really need to start reading MG, especially with my oldest getting to that age.

JeffO said...

Nice review!

Brooke said...

I love how candid he is "I didn't know if the book would be worthwhile"--and then "I couldn't put it down!" That must make you feel so great--and rightfully so. I'll definitely check out the website.