Thursday, February 2, 2012

Going to LTUE? Let's hang!

First off, don't forget to scroll down and see the poll graphic from The Way We Are post below. I loved reading everyone's answers! And just so you know, Character is in the lead. If you'd still like to put in your two-cents, please do. I'll update the graphic. (Especially if your two-cents involves using the word *cough*SETTING*cough*. ;))

I've been so excited on so many of your blogs that you are going to LTUE this week! (If you wondering what the heck it is, it's kind of like a conference. Except that there are only a few traditional presentations / classes like normal conferences, and a ton of panel discussions with a ton of authors. Oh, and editors and agents generally don't come. But it's cheap! Go to ltue.org for more info.)

I love you all online, and I would love even more to meet you in person! Erin Summerill and I are going to have lunch in the food court, and would love to have everyone who can to come join us! It'll be a party! And then we can see how much we look like our pictures, and sound like our blog posts. :o)

(For the record, I look EXACTLY like my picture. ;) Well, except for the Multiple Hair Color Disorder I have. I can never decide if I want it the blonde of my youth, the brown of my now, or the dark dark brown of my... never. Or somewhere inbetween. Or! If it weren't a) considered socially unacceptable or b) almost reaching the point of being cliche for authors, I'd go for an unnatural color. Like a deep purple. And now that I've written it out loud, I SO want a deep purple underneath, where it can hide if I want to! Who cares about being socially accepted and non-cliched? I want purple! Sigh. And... End tangent.)

But really. Come join us! If you live near UVU and aren't going to LTUE, just sneak in for lunch.

Friday, February 10 at Noon in the food court (first floor, but we may eat upstairs).
Saturday, February 11 at Noon (same place).

And I've stolen their map and added a big red arrow, for your directional enjoyment.


For those of you not going to LTUE, I'm shedding a tear. And I hope we meet at another conference. (If you don't live near me, I speak to come to your state / country! ;o))

29 comments:

Loralie Hall said...

Every year I want to go to this and every year it falls on days when I can't make it :-(

But it sounds like a great time - enjoy ^_^

Mara Rae said...

I would totally be there if I lived closer! I hope I get to meet you in real life some day - come to DC on your book tour please!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time.

Christa Desir said...

I'm becoming a conference addict. My husband calls it my "jet-setting" lifestyle. Ha!
This one looks amazing. Have the best time.

Ruth Josse said...

I'm so excited to see what LTUE is all about. Hopefully I'll make it to one of the lunches!

Kristine said...

Have fun! And yay for UVU!

Angela Cothran said...

I would totally LOVE to have lunch with you and Erin, but no LUTE for me this year :( Bummer. But I will be at Storymakers in May!

prerna pickett said...

sounds like fun, wish i could be there!

Jennie Bennett said...

Can't wait to see you there!

Leigh Covington said...

Looking forward to it Peggy! It's going to be so much fun! Just look for the crazy girl with the short spiky hair. That's me! hehehe. See you then :)

Angela Brown said...

Enjoy the LTUE! And darn it all, go for the deep, dark, gorgeous purple you want. Why? Because you want it :-)

Kelley Lynn said...

Take LOTS of pictures so I can see you all in multiple lights, rather just the one head shot :)

Lan said...

Darn, I'll be there in spirit Peggy. If only there wasn't this big ocean separating us.

Denise Baer said...

Sounds like a great time.

If I wasn't leaving in a few weeks for Germany and England, I'd go and see you...and you'd realize I'm much fatter than my picture. LOL!

Hope whoever goes has a great time!

Carrie Butler said...

I used to have purple! When I was in college, I had my (naturally blonde) hair cut to show a little of the (purple) layer underneath. I miss it, but it never lasted more than a few weeks. *Sigh*

Anyway, have fun at your conference-type-thing. Wish I could go! :(

Iain said...

You're confusing me. I thought it was Friday when I saw your post. Then I realised that I still have to go to work tomorrow. :o(
Have fun at the conference, and I look forward to meeting you when you're on your world book signing tour :o)

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

I like dark brown, for the record.

I'll be there all three days, and if I don't recognize you, I know I'll recognize Erin!

Also, it's Friday the 10th and Saturday the 11th. Just saying. That fact that I pointed this out on Erin's blog too probably makes me sound like a snotty mcPants something or other...

David P. King said...

You know I'll be there! :)

Janet Johnson said...

Wish I could be there! Hope you have an awesome time. :)

Donna K. Weaver said...

I'll be there all three days. Can't wait.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Loralie-- Aw! Dang! I hope you get to go to it before long!

Mara-- Oh, my gosh. I would SO love to! Hopefully someday, I will. :)

Ladonna-- Thank you! I will.

Christa-- I love conferences, too! I'm a total junkie. And congrats again on your book deal! I'm so excited for you!

Ruth-- You better, OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN. ;)

Kristine-- I heart UVU! And thanks!

Angela C-- Bummer! But I am so excited to see you at Storymakers!

Prerna-- I wish you could, too!

J.A.-- I can't wait to see you, either!

Leigh-- That's what you should put on your name tag. "Girl With Short Spiky Hair." Can't wait to see it in person!

Angela B-- I believe I will enjoy it. :) And since I wrote that this morning I've been wanting to go for the gorgeous deep, dark purple. I have a hair appointment next Tuesday... I wonder if I'll have the guts to actually do it.

Kelley-- I totally should! Although you'll notice that I look exactly the same in every picture. ;)

Lan-- That darn ocean. Maybe we should all go to one in Australia next! We'll just swim there. ;)

Bea-- Germany and England?! Not a bad trade-off. ;) I hope you have a FABULOUS time!

Carrie-- I wish you could go, too! And really? You had purple? And you miss it? Ahh. It's nice to hear that. I'm seriously considering it.

Iain-- You can believe I'll come to England if I ever get the chance! My hubby and kids have been dying to go. And sorry about making you think you didn't have to go to work tomorrow. The confusion is because THIS ISN'T A REAL POST. It's just disguised as a real post, but is entirely fluff. A real post is coming tomorrow. (Although I can't guarantee it'll be much different in the fluff department.)

Charlie-- That's because dark brown looks so good on you! The incorrect dates was all my fault, not LTUE's. Sigh. I originally typed lunch for Thursday and Friday, then we decided to change it to Friday and Saturday, and I forgot to change the dates. Then I forwarded it to Erin incorrect. I take all the blame. (And I'm headed off to fix it right now!) I'm glad you'll be there all the days-- I can't wait to see you!

David-- Awesome! I'm excited!

Janet-- I wish you could, too!

Donna-- Yay! I'm so excited to meet you!

Emily R. King said...

Fun! It sounds like it'll be a great weekend. I won't be attending, but I'll be thinking of you all hanging out together in the food court. Eat a Cinnabon for me, Peggy!

Anonymous said...

Not fair... I live in Australia...:(

Have fun:)

Connie B. Dowell said...

Ooh. Sounds exciting. Too bad I'm on the east coast.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Emily-- Mmm. Eat a Cinnabon. You sure ask a lot of a person, Emily! ;) We'll be thinking of you, too.

tfwalsh-- Just hop on a plane! ;) Seriously, though, we need to go to an Australian conference.

Connie-- We'll miss you!

Kitty said...

Aw! Why do none of these events ever happen in Minnesota?!(whine, whine... ooh, wine?!) Oh well, have fun for me!

Elodie said...

When will the machine for teleportation be invented so that I can get over the ocean in a matter of seconds?
Have fun!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

I should make it on Saturday but I might be a little late as I have to moderate a panel at the 11th hour. I'm excited for LTUE. It's my first year :)

Katie Dodge said...

I'll be there! Can't wait to see you in person! :)