Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The last 5 books I've read

Things have been a little crazy lately, and although I pretty much think daily "I should really update my blog!," I just haven't gotten a chance. I've been doing a lot of events lately, which have been so much fun, and I've been working on proposals for a new series. (Also so much fun!) Instead of an update post on what I've been doing, though, let's do an update post on what I've been reading! Here's the last 5 books I've read:

There was a lot of buzz about this book, and it's from my publisher, so I figured I had to pick it up. (Plus, I'm rather in love with the snow on this cover and the windows in the background.) It had a fairy tale quality to it (and not just because it was a fairy tale retelling) that I quite enjoyed.


I have a friend that has been begging me to pick up this book for FOREVER, so I finally did. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.


I am in the Lucky 13s with Ryan, and was thrilled to read her book. It had a fabulous setting (London, and you really felt like you were there), and a fascinating secondary character (the king), and a main character who was his guardian fae. Great read!


I feel like a heel for not having been able to read this book before now, and not just because I've heard it's fantastic, or that Chad lives in the same state as me, or that we have been on this publishing journey at the same general times, but also because Chad is a genuinely good guy. This book was every bit as good and exciting and amazing as every has been saying it is, and I'm glad I read it.


This is another of my Lucky 13s pals. Mindy is a comedian at her day (or, I guess, night) job, and it shows in every bit of her writing. There were so many laugh out loud moments! It had some great lessons for teenage girls, too, without feeling at all like it was being preachy.


What books have you read recently?

3 comments:

JeffO said...

Most recently finished The Casual Vacancy, which I desperately wanted to like, but really couldn't. My daughter, a big-time Japan-o-phile (not sure that's a word, but it conveys the meaning, I think) convinced me to start Kokoro, but I'm having a hard time sinking my teeth into it.

David P. King said...

Inventor's Secret is indeed awesome. My curiosity is piqued enough to check out these other titles now. :)

Nicole said...

Great book list! I'm about to do a wrap up of my first quarter reads. Lots of good ones - These Broken Stars and Scarlet were two of my faves.