It looks like for the most part (except for some signings and another one or two events I'm still waiting to hear about), my 2014 events are planned! I'm incredibly excited for this coming year, because I'm going to get the opportunity to participate in some events that I've never been to before, and go to some that I've been to and love. Here's the (mostly) complete list (and, of course, all of these are on my Find Me in Person tab at the top):
• Lots and lots of school visits. My favorite. :)
• Book signing at the Orem Public Library in Orem, Utah at 7:00 pm, in the Ship's Cove in the children's area.
• Life the Universe and Everything in Provo, Utah. I'll be on panels (TBA) and part of the group book signing. Have you ever been before? It's a three day symposium attended by around 1300 people, (so of course there are tons of workshops and panels on a huge variety of subjects), and is only $45 for all three days. Even though that seems like an insanely low price, no-- that wasn't a typo.
• Teen Author Boot Camp at Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah. I will be teaching a class titled “When ideas are stuck in your head and they can’t find their way out” at 10:10, I'll be on a panel for junior high writers at 2:40, then signing books at 5:20.
• Writing for Charity: Provo City Library, Utah. This is a one day conference at a great price, the proceeds benefit charity, and will be many kinds of awesome. I'll be doing critiques, be on a handful of panels throughout the day, and participate in a mass book signing at 4:00. I'll post more about this as everything gets finalized. It will definitely be worth looking into!
• Davis County School District’s Family Literacy Night: Davis High School in Kaysville, Utah. I will be doing workshops, then signing books. This is a family event.
• Texas Library Association's annual conference in San Antonio, Texas. More details to come. I'm kind of sort of insanely excited about this one. I'll also be doing some school visits and a signing in Texas with the ever awesome Polly Holyoke while I'm down there.
• Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience: Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. More info TBA. (Side note: Last year's SLCC was the first, and it blew records out of the water. This year, they're expecting attendance to top an unbelievable 100,000. It sounds like it's going to be a blast!)
• LDStorymakers Writing Conference: Davis Conference Center in Layton, Utah. I'm kind of in love with this conference. I'll be doing two presentations on writing middle grade– “The Parent Problem in Middle Grade” at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, and “Getting Inside the Head of a Middle Grade Kid” at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. I will also be a boot camp instructor on Thursday, and will be part of the mass book signing on Saturday.
April 30-May 2
• Utah Library Association's Annual Conference at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy, Utah. More details to come.
• I'll be attending the book launch for Jessie Humphries' KILLING RUBY ROSE in Las Vegas, Nevada. Woot!
June 26- July 1
• American Library Association's annual conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. More details to come.
• Professional Writers Series: The Pleasant Grove Public Library in Pleasant Grove, UT. I'll be moderating and participating on a panel about writing for the middle grade audience. I'm thrilled to be doing the panel with Jennifer A. Neilsen (The False Prince trilogy), and an unconfirmed but amazing third panelist.
• The Forbidden Flats Launch Party! More details to come.
• And I think I may be going to the Vegas Valley Book Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details to come.
Do you have any fun writerly events planned this year? Will I get to see you at any of these?
* WELL, MY TIMING SEEMS A BIT OFF...*
1 hour ago